After Windows 7 upgrade IE freezes and computer has to be restarted.
I upgraded my computer from Windows Vista 64-bit to Windows 7. Now when I use the computer - basic home finance and internet - it locks up (freezes) and I have to CTRL+ALT+DEL to get to Task Manager, or if that fails shut down the machine and reboot.
I'm not accessing anything complex, mainly Hotmail, Facebook and my business internet site.
Anwsers to the Problem After Windows 7 upgrade IE freezes and computer has to be restarted.
Computer may freeze up due to software or hardware incompatibility/corruption, so I would suggest you to download and install the latest drivers for your devices whenever we go on for a new Operating System.
If the issue is only with the Internet explorer, I would suggest you to try the following steps.
Click Start, and then type Internet Explorer in the Start Search box.
Click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons).
Internet Explorer opens without add-ons, toolbars, or plug-ins.
Note: By resetting internet explorer you will lose Temporary internet files, cookies, History.
Close any Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer windows that are currently open.
Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button, and then clicking
Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.
Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, and In Private Filtering data.
In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click
When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, and then click
Close Internet Explorer.
Your changes will take effect the next time you open Internet Explorer.
For more information please follow the link: How to reset Internet Explorer settings
If the issue is with other applications as well, I would suggest you to boot the computer in safe mode with networking and check the status.
1. Restart your computer if it is powered on.
2. Tap the F8 key after your computer initially powers on.
3. Once you see the Advanced Boot Options menu you can stop tapping.
4. Use the up/down arrow keys to highlight your selection.
5. Select Safe Mode with networking and press Enter.
6. You should see drivers loading, and then please wait.
7. You should then be at the Welcome Screen.
8. Logon to your computer using an account with Administrator privileges.
I would suggest you to check if you are facing the problem still, if it’s working fine in safe mode with networking then revert back for further troubleshooting.
Note: Don’t forget to put the computer back to normal mode.
Hope this helps.
Let us know the results.
Thanks & Regards,
Vijay B – Microsoft Support
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think
Windows Error Reporting - To Fix After Windows 7 upgrade IE freezes and computer has to be restarted.
- Go to Start button.
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to Windows Error Reporting.
- Click on System and Maintenance, then click Problem Reports and Solutions.
- Next, click Change Settings located on the left side panel of the Problem Reports and Solutions window.
- Select an option to configure how you want Windows to look for a solution to your problems. You may allow Windows to do it automatically or ask you every time to check if problem occurs.
- Next, click the Advanced settings link.
- Select Off to turn off Error Reporting.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: After Windows 7 upgrade IE freezes and computer has to be restarted.:
How to Fix After Windows 7 upgrade IE freezes and computer has to be restarted. with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: Problem With Desktop System Icons (Win7 Ultimate SP1, 32-bit),My Invoices & Estimates Deluxe 10 Set Trouble,Constant BSOD, SFC Found Problems But Unable To Resolve,Excel Worksheet W/ Drop Downs,Urlmon.dll Not There, But Actually Is,I Have Been Accessing An Excel File Located On My Desktop With My Laptop. Suddenly, I Get A Message Saying This File Cannot Be Opened.,Automatic Changing Cell Colours,I Now Have A Windows Internet Explorer Add-ons Disabled Message,Dosent Show Attachment In Hotmail With Internet Explorer 9 Windows 7,Partition Recovery With Windows 7
Read More: Tech Support: Backup gets to 99% and give me the message\"The backup completed but some files were skipped\" and turns out to be a notepad,Troubleshoot:windows update:fail to install updates-HELP Error,Troubleshooting:why won't comments pull up in te blogs i frequent Error,Fast Solution to Error: my system start hanging after a while and all the working of computer gets affected,[Anwsered] script error line: 1527. error: invalid argument.,Getting on Yahoo Games- IE9 just hangs,How to download Ovi suite,Frequent Shut Downs / Blue Screen and AMD Driver Error,msn & outlook won't stay loged in when I check the box. "keep logged in",Computer keeps saying that I have limited access to all wifi networks and won't connect me to any of them, how do I fix this?