Sunday, March 6, 2016

How to Fix Problem - how can I move a field from one table to a different table such that all the reports will "see" the move and follow??

how can I move a field from one table to a different table such that all the reports will "see" the move and follow?

More details are this:  On the "Time and Billing" Access 07 template you can download off this site, the billing part is for hourly rate billing only.
 I would like to move the "Billing Rate" field out of the employee list and put it into the project table
that gives how many hours work is entered.
 I could then modify the field names to be Billing Rate/Unit Price and Hours Worked/Quantity respectfully, then I could use item pricing as well as hourly billing methods as I need.
 On design items, I do charge an
hourly rate but on service rated items many of those are a flat rate and not time-rate billed.
 I hope this makes sense.
 

On the whole, the Time and Billing template is very nice indeed.
 I am new to doing anything other than using Access and have no skill level near what I need to make this change.
 Thanks for anyone that can help.

Sean

Keys to the Problem how can I move a field from one table to a different table such that all the reports will "see" the move and follow?

Download Error Fixer (Free)

You can't.
What you are asking requires a redesign of the tables and reports.
But it shouldn't be too hard.
It is easy to add the new field to the Project table (I would not bother renaming the fields, just change the Captions). 

The reports are probably based on queries so the next step is to determine the query (check the report's Recordsource) and then delete the Billing rate coming from the Employee table and add the one from the Project table.
This may be all that you need.
or you may have to go into the report's design and modify the column headings.

Open Action Center by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, and then, under System and Security, clicking Review your computer's status.

Make sure your computer has at least the minimum amount of random access memory (RAM) required to run the program that is displaying the error. Look for the program requirements online or in the packaging information.

Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: how can I move a field from one table to a different table such that all the reports will "see" the move and follow?:

 

 

How to Fix how can I move a field from one table to a different table such that all the reports will "see" the move and follow? with SmartPCFixer?

1. Download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system.  Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.

2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.

3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.


Related: 50% Of The Times I Am In A MS Word, Or In An Email, And I Press Enter To Go To The Next Line To Continue Writing, Windows Mobility Center" Screen Shows Up.,Adobe Flash Player For Window 7,After Last Updates My Microsoft Word Starter 2010 Won't Work,Automatically Deleting Blank Characters Before Text In Line,Administrative Tools In Control Panel Is Blank. What Can I Do To Restore It?,Windows Backup And Restore Keep Popping Up,MS Word Starter, Omission Of Character,If I Use Two Or More Registry Cleaner. Does It Creat Any Problem To My Computer?,Screen Shot? - How To Take A Screen Shot,Parental Controls Not Working
Read More: Troubleshooter of Error: On Windows 7, Recovery (D) Drive filling up,Troubleshooting:Spell and Grammar Error,I have a Toshiba laptop and everytime I watch some sort of video my laptop randomly freezes and shuts down Tech Support,Troubleshoot:Can't open emails from internet service provider. Error,Troubleshoot:How do I make my (new to me) HP photosmart turn on and off automatically when I turn my computer on or off?,My troubleshooter keeps telling me it has an error and stops working.,several programs in the control panel wont allow me to access them, i dont think it's a virus. windows 7,How do I edit data in an embedded Excel object in a Word form document?,Message pops when I start FSX with an error code, stating that it was not possible to activate the product. Shuts down after 30 minutes of gameplay. HELP!,Excel Doc. won't launch in separate window

No comments:

Post a Comment