64 bit Windows 7 Ultimate side by side configuration error
Have had a new Windows 7 Ultimate running on a 64 bit platform with Avast anti-virus
[which I installed from their site] and which has been running perfectly for more than three months ..
until two days ago when suddenly I got a screen warning from the windows security center saying my AV was off [!]
When I tried to turn it on I received an error message that Avast could not start because of a side by side configuration error.
Uninstall and reinstall did not help.
System restore did not help.
I just don't understand how it can be working fine one day and then go all buggy the next!
Have been on sites where this has happened to Vista users in the past..have read about C++ libraries yada yada
but thing is, until last Monday the system and the AV were in perfect working order..no new programs downloaded,
no new hardware attached, no system or registry changes I am aware of.
I check the event log in the AV program and all it tells me is that registry changes were made.[not by Me!]
on Monday morning at or around my start up time.
I am thinking perhaps the most recent windows update
created a conflict in Avast.
Before I go blind and tear my hair out..can someone please help!
Keys to the Problem 64 bit Windows 7 Ultimate side by side configuration error
Follow the methods listed below:
Run a System File Checker (SFC) scan on your computer and see if that fixes the issue.
SFC tool scans system files and replaces incorrect versions of the system files by using the correct versions.
How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7
Refer the following link for a fix to the issue:
Getting error side by side configuration is incorrect can't get avast to work
Windows Error Reporting - To Fix 64 bit Windows 7 Ultimate side by side configuration error
- Go to Start button.
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to Windows Error Reporting.
- Click on System and Maintenance, then click Problem Reports and Solutions.
- Next, click Change Settings located on the left side panel of the Problem Reports and Solutions window.
- Select an option to configure how you want Windows to look for a solution to your problems. You may allow Windows to do it automatically or ask you every time to check if problem occurs.
- Next, click the Advanced settings link.
- Select Off to turn off Error Reporting.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: 64 bit Windows 7 Ultimate side by side configuration error:
How to Fix 64 bit Windows 7 Ultimate side by side configuration error with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download Error Fixer here. Install it on your computer. When you open it, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: How to Fix 3371 Errors in Windows XP,7,8&8.1?,Repair Corrupt Cab Files Error - How to Fix,Skchui.dll Error - How to Fix,Symantec Antivirus Slows Down Computer Error - How to Resolve,Error Windows Xp System Restore Incomplete Fix Solution,How to Fix - After updating from Internet Explorer 6 to Internet Explorer 9, my Favorites are lost?,How to Fix - Combination Stacked-Clustered Chart in Excel - Align data with horizontal tick marks?,Solution to Error: Macro to search and copy rows to different sheets based on cell value,Need solution to this problem in order to stop Vista from beeping.__"Your version of Microsoft Deprecated DLL Components isn't compatible with this version of Windows",Server Error in '/' Application.Site also runtime error [Solved]
Read More: [Solution] 64 bit Vista compatability,[Solved] 3d over remote desktop gone after reinstalling drivers.,How to Resolve - 4gb memory shows 3gb usable Windows 7?,32-bit & 64-bit Internet Explorer installed on 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate PC. When 64-bit IE not open, clicking URL from Microsoft Outlook or icon on desktop accesses 32-bit IE by default, causing error. How default to 64-bit IE? [Solved],[Solution] 7GB Ram installed. System reports 1.99 GB usable for Windows 7,2 msn.com site,2007 Performance Issue / Very slow saves to network share,Can I use my HP D110A web service printer as a proxy server?,can i use a zoom 56k v.92/v.90 modem with 64b dileup? netzero said i might have the rong modem?,Can I downgrade to win 32-bit?