All e-mails showing as attachments rather then displaying in the preview pane at the bottom.
When you go to the inbox in Windows Mail the e-mails all appear normal with no attachment paper clip beside them however when you select one of the e-mails nothing shows in the preview pane below and after a few seconds a paper clip will appear in the
bar between the upper and lower panes and if you select it, it shows two attachments, one which is a .txt file and the other an html.
If you select the html attachment it opens the e-mail and appears as any normal e-mail normally would except in an internet
This applies to all e-mails even ones received some time ago that at the time they were received would appear normally in the preview pane.
I have never seen anything like it and have no idea what caused it or how to fix it.
Windows mail is also very sluggish and often hangs and has to be terminated through task manager.
Keys to the Problem All e-mails showing as attachments rather then displaying in the preview pane at the bottom.
It is certainly possible it had a trial version of Norton or McAfee on it when new as many do but I don't reall anymore now and would be surprised if after all this time it would start causing a problem but again can't say that for sure.
It isn't a likely culprit, but it is possible.
Do a simple search for the programs and if you see any file or registry entries, run the appropriate tool.
Download and run the Norton Removal Tool
McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool three-step fix
You might as well check for Malware while you're at it.
Download the free version of this tool.
Check for updates first and then run a full scan.
When you get to trying a new profile, this will assist you if you need it.
How to create a new user account in Windows 7 and Windows Vista
Manually editing the Windows registry
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, please do not edit the Windows registry manually.
Because of this risk, we highly recommend using a trusted registry cleaner such as SmartPCFixer Using a registry cleaner automates the process of finding invalid registry entries, missing file references (like the one causing your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error), and broken links within the registry. A backup is automatically created before each scan, with the ability to undo any changes in a single click, protecting you against the possibility of PC damage. The best part is that repairing registry errors can also dramatically improve system speed and performance.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
The next steps in manually editing your registry will not be discussed in this article due to the high risk of damaging your system. If you would like to learn more about manual registry editing, please see the links below.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: All e-mails showing as attachments rather then displaying in the preview pane at the bottom.:
How to Fix All e-mails showing as attachments rather then displaying in the preview pane at the bottom. with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: After Today Win 8.1 Update Cpu Has High Load,After Installing Internet Explorer 9, When Opening A Page It Is Minimized And I Have To Drag It To Maximize It.,Adobe Flash Player Is Not Running In IE10.,Alphabetizing Favorites In Windows XP And IE 6.0(I Think),Active Spell Check - When I Right Click I Don't Get An Active Online Spell Check Option,I Can Not Access This Site Www.dvlottery.state.gov,Can't Login To Advanced Startup Options Due To Inop Key Letter Of Password?Used On Screen Keyboard For Regular Use.,Create Task Scheduler Using Gpo For Standard User,Macro To Write A Formula Based On Two Cells Being Equal,Speaker Icon On The Bottom Has A Red "X" Over It And There Is No Sound.
Read More: Solution to Error: can't access internet using embedded url address in excel 2007,How do you get a name to insert in several areas of a word document Tech Support,How to Fix Error - How do I completely remove all Linux things on my PC including all grub stuff via \"grub rescue>\"??,I have used windows live mail for a couple of years and suddenly I can no longer send or receive emails. Tech Support,Document Structure Tags - removed as a default.,HDMI not working with dual monitor,in window 8 how can i get to msconfig,Favories--I can't find the big yellow star for my favorites,Hebrew characters distorted (all display as "?") on Palm Desktop in Win 7