32 bit Internet Explorer 9 crashes on my computer, but the 64 bit version and no addons version works fine.
My computer is a brand new alienware m14x running Windows 7 Professional.
Internet Explorer 8 worked fine in 32 and 64 bit versions.
However, Internet Explorer 9 crashes when viewing certain web pages in 32 bit mode.
Again, the no addons mode and 64 bit
versions work fine.
I would use the 64 bit version but certain websites don't display properly, eg.
If anyone has a solution to this problem please let me know.
I have looked around for one, but I haven't had any luck so far.
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110408-1631)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Alienware
System Model: M14xR1
BIOS: InsydeH2O Version 1.0 A03Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8140MB RAM
Page File: 3112MB used, 13164MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Stopped working Date 6/24/2011 2:17 PM
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: iexplore.exe
Application Version: 9.0.8112.16421
Application Timestamp: 4d76255d
Fault Module Name: nvumdshim.dll
Fault Module Version: 22.214.171.12421
Fault Module Timestamp: 4d5eada0
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00011bac
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Solutions to the Problem 32 bit Internet Explorer 9 crashes on my computer, but the 64 bit version and no addons version works fine.
· Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
I would suggest you follow the below steps and check for 32 bit internet explorer9.
To open Internet Explorer in no add-ons mode,
Click the Start button, click All Programs, click Accessories, click System Tools, and then click Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).
If disabling all add-ons solves the problem, you might want to use Add-on Manager to disable all add-ons and then turn on add-ons only as you need them.
This will allow you to figure out which add-on is causing the problem.
For more details, refer the below link:
Internet Explorer add-ons: frequently asked questions
Windows Error Reporting - To Fix 32 bit Internet Explorer 9 crashes on my computer, but the 64 bit version and no addons version works fine.
- Go to Start button.
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to Windows Error Reporting.
- Click on System and Maintenance, then click Problem Reports and Solutions.
- Next, click Change Settings located on the left side panel of the Problem Reports and Solutions window.
- Select an option to configure how you want Windows to look for a solution to your problems. You may allow Windows to do it automatically or ask you every time to check if problem occurs.
- Next, click the Advanced settings link.
- Select Off to turn off Error Reporting.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: 32 bit Internet Explorer 9 crashes on my computer, but the 64 bit version and no addons version works fine.:
How to Fix 32 bit Internet Explorer 9 crashes on my computer, but the 64 bit version and no addons version works fine. with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will scan your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: How to Fix 3371 Errors in Windows XP,7,8&8.1?,Repair Corrupt Cab Files Error - How to Fix,Skchui.dll Error - How to Fix,Symantec Antivirus Slows Down Computer Error - How to Resolve,Error Windows Xp System Restore Incomplete Fix Solution,How to Fix - After updating from Internet Explorer 6 to Internet Explorer 9, my Favorites are lost?,How to Fix - Combination Stacked-Clustered Chart in Excel - Align data with horizontal tick marks?,Solution to Error: Macro to search and copy rows to different sheets based on cell value,Need solution to this problem in order to stop Vista from beeping.__"Your version of Microsoft Deprecated DLL Components isn't compatible with this version of Windows",Server Error in '/' Application.Site also runtime error [Solved]
Read More: Tech Support: 32-bit Windows Vista Unidentified Network,5 updates fail, error code 80073718 on Windows 8 [Solved],How Can I Fix - 4.7 gb DVD-RAM disks OK, 2.6 gb will not read?,Troubleshooting:4 BCCcodes. What should i do? Error,Solution to Problem: 32 bit application in windows7 64 bit,2 msn.com site,2007 Performance Issue / Very slow saves to network share,Can I use my HP D110A web service printer as a proxy server?,can i use a zoom 56k v.92/v.90 modem with 64b dileup? netzero said i might have the rong modem?,Can I downgrade to win 32-bit?