Windows 7 backup - Transfer - Can I backup the whole hard disk
I want to know if I can do the following:
1) We currently have a Windows 7 32 bit laptop with various applications running
2) Have aquired a new Windows 7 laptop
3) I want to transfer all the applications and settings to the new laptop.
4) Does Windows 7 backup do this?
5) Can I back it up to an extranal drive ?
6) can I then restore it to the new hard drives on the laptop
Anwsers to the Problem Windows 7 backup - Transfer - Can I backup the whole hard disk
I'm sorry, but Windows 7 Backup can't transfer applications from one computer to another. You'll have to install the applications on the new laptop, making sure that they're licensed for use on more than one computer.
Boulder Computer Maven
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Windows 7 backup - Transfer - Can I backup the whole hard disk:
How to Fix Windows 7 backup - Transfer - Can I backup the whole hard disk with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: AVG Technologies ScriptHelperApi Class Add-on,(0x80242302) Volume Shadow Copy Service Component Encountered An Unexpected Error.,100% CPU Usage Without Many Programs Being Run Windows 7,After Installing Kubuntu, Unable To Boot To Windows 8 Or Perform A Refresh.,After Installing Windows 7 To Laptop The Labels Print Out Of Line How Can I Fix It,1723 There is a problem with this Windows Installer package A DLL required After Windows 8 1 upgrade IE keep crashing Vidoes won t play Store shows error in opening Are there going to be any 7 inch Windows 8 tablets am unable to open hlp file on Windows 7 machine After upgrading to Windows 8 1 my Bluetooth device doesn t work Brand new Gateway laptop with Windows 7 not charging when plugged in Cannot open Store and PC settings on Windows 8 1 Cannot download apply Windows SP2 KB948465 Keeps Failing Adapting software with Windows 7 Connecting Adobe PSE 8 with Windows Live Mail problems After installing IE10 for Windows 7 I can t download anything Corrupted Recycle bins in Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit Windows Vista Unidentified Network Direct3D crashes after running Windows Experience Index Activated Windows Media Center computer becomes unusable dllhost exe and Windows 7 Thumbnail Preview Problem
Read More: My boot Manager is missing,How to Fix - getting an error when trying to run Ableton pro,[Anwsered] iexplorer not responding,Troubleshoot:why do my internet keep saying that internet not responding and takes so long to connect i have a new computer i also have a pc clean up and still dont help. any suggestions,task scheduler is not shutting down the programs when scheduled,windows wont let me install service pack 2 for vista, says its error code 80073712, please help,my computer wont let me burn a disc,Microsoft Word 2010 is flagging both "it's" and "its",Security update failure. - error code 800B0100