2007 Excel File Type Associations
I was cleaning up computer and I unstalled the Compatibility Pack because I have Office 2007. I think there must have been some registry entries deleted. I then had to go back and reassociate the 2007 File extensions with Excel. However, it is not
showing the correct File Extension Types (i.e., XLTX File, not Microsoft Excel Template); however, when I log on to the same computer under a different account id the assocations are correct. This is causing a problem because when I double click to open a
TEMPLATE file it is performing OPEN and not NEW because it is not correctly recognizing teh FILE TYPE. I am running Vista 64 bit.
Solutions to the Problem 2007 Excel File Type Associations
Boot in Safe Mode:
- Open Run command as previously described
- Type MSConfig
- Click on Boot tab
- Tick Safe boot in Boot option
- Select Network
- Click Apply and OK
- Reboot your system
Your system will boot in Safe mode with Networking. You may now try and open Windows Store and should not see any errors.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: 2007 Excel File Type Associations:
How to Fix 2007 Excel File Type Associations with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will scan your computer. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Read More: Fast Solution to Problem: 2.Is there a new version of Frontpage because I couldn’t find it on the Microsoft website.,Troubleshooting:16 bit o/s in virtual pc Error,How to Fix Problem - 10.25.13 Not receiving e-mails?,How to Resolve - 6gb of RAM but System information shows only 3.50gb is usable?,How to Resolve - 32 bit Internet Explorer 9 crashes on my computer, but the 64 bit version and no addons version works fine.?,2 home networks and no Internet,3 GB of RAM used with nothing running?,32 or 64bit?,4GB RAM Not Utilized by WINDOWS7 Ultimate( 64bit),64 bit system getting 32 bit updates