2007 Performance Issue / Very slow saves to network share
My dept recently moved our shared drive from a dated Snap Appliance to an Apple Xserve Raid (OSX 10.4 / Samba 3)
We have mostly XP clients running Office 2007 Professional. Our clients are experiencing very slow save times to the network share (2 minutes +), specifically when files are opened, edited and saved directly on the share. I've found the following while troubleshooting:
A) On XP clients: files opened, edited and saved directly on share may take up to 2 minutes to finish saving rendering the desktop unusable until the process completes.
B) On XP clients: OpenOffice files save instantly when opened, edited and saved directly on the share.
C) On Macs: files save instantly using Office for Mac.
I've verified that there are no non-existent shares still lingering in My Network Places. Staff are encouraged to edit and save locally before copying to network share but they're not accustomed to doing this and the save times seem exorbitant in any event.
Any ideas, thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Keys to the Problem 2007 Performance Issue / Very slow saves to network share
If the issue is for any file on the network, the right forum to post the query would be the OS forum
Manually editing the Windows registry
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, please do not edit the Windows registry manually.
Because of this risk, we highly recommend using a trusted registry cleaner such as SmartPCFixer Using a registry cleaner automates the process of finding invalid registry entries, missing file references (like the one causing your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error), and broken links within the registry. A backup is automatically created before each scan, with the ability to undo any changes in a single click, protecting you against the possibility of PC damage. The best part is that repairing registry errors can also dramatically improve system speed and performance.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
The next steps in manually editing your registry will not be discussed in this article due to the high risk of damaging your system. If you would like to learn more about manual registry editing, please see the links below.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: 2007 Performance Issue / Very slow saves to network share:
How to Fix 2007 Performance Issue / Very slow saves to network share with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. When the Fixing part is finished, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed
Related: 1327 Invalid Drive Z Error Code 80004004 Error Code 137 80072ee7 Fix 3315 Error 26 3213 1726 0X6be Error Code 1393 Acaptuser32 dll Error 3050 Biosinfo dll,Fast Solution to Fix Error 1017 Received Logging On To The Standby Error,Installation Error 1706 Error Fixer,Loopback Failure Error - How to Fix,How to Fix Pro Registry Cleaner Error,How to Fix Win 7 Installation Error Code: 0x800705070 Error Quickly
Read More: How to Fix Problem - 2010 Mail Merge?,Tech Support: 1394 net adapter device cannot start Code 10 - Yellow flag,Solution to Error: 2013 Excel does not work,How to Fix Error - 2 available drives on protection settings RECOVERY and OS (C) System and restore points?,Solution to Error: 2 clicks required on favorites bar,IE 8: Can't Send Page by Email AND Can't Send Link by Email,I can't connect to yahoo.com for online gaming after installing ex9 is there a problem?,c drive says full with 58gb and drive d has 219gb how to fromat drive c for more gb,Automatic Spelling Correction in MS Excel 2007,Attempting to install a financial program and getting error with regsvr32