Wednesday, March 30, 2016

[Solved] a simple date conversion please

a simple date conversion please

I know this is probably really simple and I've done a quick search but cant find what I need
I want to convert a date field that currently shows as dd/mm/yyyy
I want to just get the first part, so day and month, ie 1 February
in another column I will have the current year and then concatenate so that the end result is 1 February 2010. 
But when I try converting the original date to dd/mmm and then add a field with my year and concatenate I get a weird string number.  I tried formatting the field as text but then I just get my formula.  Its friday and I'm tired, perhaps that is why this
is proving hard!  Help please.

Anwsers to the Problem a simple date conversion please

Download Error Fixer (Free)

On Fri, 3 Dec 2010 03:23:48 +0000, Susie237 wrote:
 
>
>
>I know this is probably really simple and I've done a quick search but cant find what I need
>
>I want to convert a date field that currently shows as dd/mm/yyyy
>
>I want to just get the first part, so day and month, ie 1 February
>
>in another column I will have the current year and then concatenate so that the end result is 1 February 2010.
>
>But when I try converting the original date to dd/mmm and then add a field with my year and concatenate I get a weird string number.  I tried formatting the field as text but then I just get my formula.  Its friday and I'm tired, perhaps that is why this
is proving hard!  Help please.

 
A1:    your February date -- a "real" Excel date formatted to show
dd/mm/yyyy
 
B1:    your year.  e.g.
2010
 
Formula:
=DATE(B1,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1))
 
And format that cell as dd/mm/yyyy
 
or, if you want a Text String:
 
=TEXT(DATE(B1,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)),"d mmmm yyyy")

Run CHKDSK
  • Go to the Start button.
  • In the Search box, type "cmd" (without quotes) and press Enter.
  • At the command prompt, type "chkdsk /r /f" (without quotes) and press Enter.
  • Restart your computer.

Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: a simple date conversion please:

How to Fix a simple date conversion please with SmartPCFixer?

1. Download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system.  Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.

2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.

3. When the Fixing part is finished, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed


Related: [Solved] Applications have stopped working with SP1 on Windows 7!,[Solved] I can't find auto complete text in word 2007,[Solution] I need to keep reinstalling eHome Infrared Transceiver driver everytime my computer shuts down.,How to Resolve - system restore not working windows 7?,Unable to open embedded word file on the intranet. [Solved],Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: Fast Solution to Problem: Action centre tells me 1 problem with skype,How to Fix Problem - A Question of Timing?,Tech Support: a problem deactivated part of logonassistant,Solution to Problem: A POP UP MESSAGE WARNING EXPIRY OF WINDOWS VISTA HOME BASIC EDITION,Troubleshooting:Acer Aspire 5738 laptop running Windows 7 shows 35% available (plugged in, not charging) Error,Cannot delete empty file icon on desktop...,Cannot download flashplayer,can't get the CIA review progrom install which is an older version,Cannot access one website-DNS server not responding.,Can't Receive or Send Vista Windows Mail - Router stopped recognizing DSL connection & wants to dial up

No comments:

Post a Comment