Message "MSN is not responding"
Original Title: msn
keep getting notice MSN is not responding -wait or close. How do I fix? MSN is no help!
Anwsers to the Problem Message "MSN is not responding"
The first step in any troubleshooting is to clear the browser cache/cookies.
*For Internet Explorer browser & MSN Butterfly: Press CTRL+SHIFT+DEL simultaneously and click Delete
*For Google Chrome: Press CTRL+SHIFT+DEL simultaneously and click Clear Browsing Data
*For Firefox: Press CTRL+SHIFT+DEL simultaneously and click Clear Now
(other browsers are similar)
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: Message "MSN is not responding":
How to Fix Message "MSN is not responding" with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Run it, and it will scan your computer. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: After Today Win 8.1 Update Cpu Has High Load,After Installing Internet Explorer 9, When Opening A Page It Is Minimized And I Have To Drag It To Maximize It.,Adobe Flash Player Is Not Running In IE10.,Alphabetizing Favorites In Windows XP And IE 6.0(I Think),Active Spell Check - When I Right Click I Don't Get An Active Online Spell Check Option,I Can Not Access This Site Www.dvlottery.state.gov,Can't Login To Advanced Startup Options Due To Inop Key Letter Of Password?Used On Screen Keyboard For Regular Use.,Create Task Scheduler Using Gpo For Standard User,Macro To Write A Formula Based On Two Cells Being Equal,Speaker Icon On The Bottom Has A Red "X" Over It And There Is No Sound.
Read More: How to Resolve - WEI won't run?,How Can I Fix - trying to find a template for mini booklet from a single 8x11 page?,Troubleshoot:There is a black overlay on the toolbar section of browser (bing),Fast Solution to Error: how to mailmerge to unique managers with atleast 5 unqiue associates data under them,How to Fix Error - How do I completely remove all Linux things on my PC including all grub stuff via \"grub rescue>\"??,Document Structure Tags - removed as a default.,HDMI not working with dual monitor,in window 8 how can i get to msconfig,Favories--I can't find the big yellow star for my favorites,Hebrew characters distorted (all display as "?") on Palm Desktop in Win 7