16 bit o/s in virtual pc
I have been working on a Qbasic program in DOS through Virtual PC on a computer that runs 32 bit Vista.
I have another computer that runs 64 bit Windows 7 and I would like to export the program to that computer but I am having trouble getting Virtual PC
2007 to run on the Windows 7 computer.
The only solution I can think of is to reinstall Windows Vista on the 64 bit computer, I like Windows 7 and so I don't really want to do this.
Keys to the Problem 16 bit o/s in virtual pc
Since Virtual PC 2007 is not compatible with Windows 7 however in Windows 7 you can install XP mode which will work the same way as Virual Mode 2007.
Here is the link which states that Virtual PC 2007 can only be installed on Windows XP and Windows Vista.
Here are some links which explains about Windows XP mode in Windows 7.
You are advised to download and install the Windows XP mode on Windows 7 machine.
Windows Virtual PC
Install and use Windows XP Mode in Windows 7
Using Windows XP Mode
Hope this helps.
Thanks and Regards:
Shekhar S - Microsoft Support.
Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message.
By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.
Running System Update Readiness Command
On running the System Update readiness Command, it will Detect & Replace Incorrect Registry data with the Correct one. Which may ultimately Solve 16 bit o/s in virtual pc in Windows.
- Open CMD as Administrator by Simply Right Clicking on Start button > Command Prompt (Admin).
- Now Type or Copy paste "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth" and hit Enter,
- Now again Type or Copy paste this "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" and hit Enter.
- Close the Command Prompt Window because we are done.
Try and see if you still get the same error 16 bit o/s in virtual pc in your Windows.
Note: You may be prompted to enter your administrator's password when you try to execute certain system tasks!
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: 16 bit o/s in virtual pc:
How to Fix 16 bit o/s in virtual pc with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: 1327 Invalid Drive Z Error Code 80004004 Error Code 137 80072ee7 Fix 3315 Error 26 3213 1726 0X6be Error Code 1393 Acaptuser32 dll Error 3050 Biosinfo dll,Fast Solution to Fix Error 1017 Received Logging On To The Standby Error,Installation Error 1706 Error Fixer,Loopback Failure Error - How to Fix,How to Fix Pro Registry Cleaner Error,How to Fix Win 7 Installation Error Code: 0x800705070 Error Quickly,IE 8: Can't Send Page by Email AND Can't Send Link by Email,I can't connect to yahoo.com for online gaming after installing ex9 is there a problem?,c drive says full with 58gb and drive d has 219gb how to fromat drive c for more gb,Automatic Spelling Correction in MS Excel 2007,Attempting to install a financial program and getting error with regsvr32