After installing Windows Internet 9, I lost all my favorites and history shortcuts - Help, where did they go?
I cannot find a year of saved favorites (websites) on my favorite bar or my history bar.
Where did they go?
Solutions to the Problem After installing Windows Internet 9, I lost all my favorites and history shortcuts - Help, where did they go?
Favorites: ALT+C (or CTRL+I or ALT+A)
Where are my favorites in IE9? What happened to the toolbars?
You will find support for Internet Explorer in this forum:
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: After installing Windows Internet 9, I lost all my favorites and history shortcuts - Help, where did they go?:
How to Fix After installing Windows Internet 9, I lost all my favorites and history shortcuts - Help, where did they go? with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: ,[Solution] Error Clean,Solution to Error: mozilla thunderbird not responding windows 7,Fast Solution to Error: 0x00405da8,Troubleshoot:Toolbar,Solution to Problem: Windows Media Player C00d1199 Windows 7,Solution to Error: Windows 7Function,Troubleshooting:Pc Code 9999 Error,Solution to Problem: Norton Svchost Exe Virus,[Anwsered] Error 2738
Read More: After updating my HP laptop running Windows 7, the wireless radio is turned off and the troubleshooter won't fix anything. [Solved],Age of Mythology: Gold Edition online problem. Ubisoft exclusive version. [Anwsered],[Anwsered] After writing down my product key for Microsoft 2007(CD) i recieve a error stating... Error Message - Setup cannot find Office.en-us\\setup.xml in Office Setup.. Please help!!!,Troubleshooter of Error: Aligning text in cells in Excel 2007,Solution to Problem: After installing Windows Small Business Server 2011, can't run ODBC DSN to link to FoxPro database,32 bit printer drivers for Windows 7 64 bit OS,Activecell range 2 columns loop until last column,about pc battery power,Acrobat Reader downlode also automatically downloaded McAfee Security Plus...question about this below.,A runtime error has occurred. example: Line32 Do you wish to DeBug?