After installing the update KB2919355, Computer boots very slowly
After doing windows update KB2919355 my hp laptop is very slow to boot.When I restart I get to the user logon screen-I logon-it says welcome and it goes to a black screen for 10 minutes or more before finally going into windows.If I don't have this update
installed its fine.Its unbearable especially on a laptop.
windows 8.1 64bit
hp laptop intel core i3- 2.4 ghz-8gb ram
Original Title: KB2919355 very slow boot
Keys to the Problem After installing the update KB2919355, Computer boots very slowly
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: After installing the update KB2919355, Computer boots very slowly:
How to Fix After installing the update KB2919355, Computer boots very slowly with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download SmartPCFixer here. Install it on your system. When you open it, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: ,[Solution] Error Clean,Solution to Error: mozilla thunderbird not responding windows 7,Fast Solution to Error: 0x00405da8,Troubleshoot:Toolbar,Solution to Problem: Windows Media Player C00d1199 Windows 7,Solution to Error: Windows 7Function,Troubleshooting:Pc Code 9999 Error,Solution to Problem: Norton Svchost Exe Virus,[Anwsered] Error 2738
Read More: After replacing the favorites file with another the \"Favorites Bar\" is reverse alphabetical order. How to fix?,How to Fix Problem - After latest update; Internet connection fails?,How to Fix Problem - After setting up the home group and sharing a printer the remote Win7 still cannot print.?,Fast Solution to Error: After signing into user account, receive error \"Procedural entry point DwmHintDxUpdate could not be located\",How to Fix Problem - after using autosumfunction always gives an error by saving the file?,32 bit printer drivers for Windows 7 64 bit OS,Activecell range 2 columns loop until last column,about pc battery power,Acrobat Reader downlode also automatically downloaded McAfee Security Plus...question about this below.,A runtime error has occurred. example: Line32 Do you wish to DeBug?