Thursday, April 28, 2016

Troubleshoot:All my desktop icons have changed, unable to open files Error

All my desktop icons have changed, unable to open files

Hi,
I recently downloaded a Zip file, and I don't know what happened but after trying to open it all my files/icons on my desktop have changed to UTorrent.

Consequently, when I click to open anything it only opens the UTorrent.

I would like to know the most simpliest way to resolve this problem and to restore everyting as it was.  I am unable to download any software to be able to help me restore any files.   The only way I am connecting to the internet is via the Expat Shield software
which I have installed, by clicking connect, it allows me to access the net.

I have backed up my files on an external portable hard drive.  Do you think that I would need to go back to factory settings and start all over again?

Your kind assistance will be much appreciated.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone.

Regards

Pierina

Solutions to the Problem All my desktop icons have changed, unable to open files

Download SmartPCFixer to Fix It (Free)

Using Windows troubleshooter:

  • Click on Search on Charm bar and type Troubleshooting. Click on the very first option.
  • A new window will open. Click View all from the left pane.
  • Scroll down to the bottom and click on Windows update.
  • Troubleshooter window for Windows update will pop up. Click on NEXT. It may ask you for administrative permission.
  • The troubleshooter will automatically detect problems and fix it.
  • Now, close this window and try download/install the app which was previously showing error.

Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: All my desktop icons have changed, unable to open files:

How to Fix All my desktop icons have changed, unable to open files with SmartPCFixer?

1. Download SmartPCFixer. Install it on your computer.

2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.

3. When the Fixing part is finished, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed


Related:
Read More: Troubleshooter of Error: All my icons appear as Media Center icons,all my incoming e-mails are attachments [Anwsered],How to Resolve - All my toolbars are missing?,Tech Support: All my icons open with Notepad. How do I fix it?,[Solution] All my applications \/ programs open in wordpad,All docs showing as Adobe PDFs; No Word docs,all downloaded programs say *.exe is not a valid Win32 application.,all emails i send have an attached email address outof my address book,All drop boxes are scrolling,All browsers are having corrupted Arial font issues, and it's persistent with each reboot after installing Arial font.

No comments:

Post a Comment