Monday, April 18, 2016

How to Fix Error - After updates, icons for excel and word files are orange and I cannot access them?

After updates, icons for excel and word files are orange and I cannot access them

I have a Samsung RV510 with excel and word starter 2010 as pre installed programs.
When my computer updated over night on the 12th sept, the icons for any excel or word files I have, have gone orange and I cannot access them.
I can open a new file but if
I save it I cannot open it I am directed to microsofts page to buy office 2010, I have spoken to technical and they cannot help.
I was told as these are pre installs and not trials there must have been a gliche in the updates.
Can anyone help?
 
Moved from feedback
Original title: Excel and word 2010 starter problems?

Keys to the Problem After updates, icons for excel and word files are orange and I cannot access them

Download Error Fixer for Free Now

One of the updates damaged the Office file associations.
To correct this, see one of the following:
 
Update, repair, or uninstall Office Click-to-Run products
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/update-repair-or-uninstall-office-click-to-run-products-HA010382089.aspx
 
OFF2010: Error “ Starter 2010 cannot be opened.
Try again or repair the product in the control panel” New title: “Cannot be opened” error when you start an Office Starter 2010 program
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2465140
 
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02981221&lc=en&cc=us&destPage=document&dlc=en
 
Important Update: For Office 2010 Starter, the advice in the above articles can be disastrous.
For a safer approach (for any version), see
this post.

Windows Error Reporting - To Fix After updates, icons for excel and word files are orange and I cannot access them

  1. Go to Start button.
  2. Open Control Panel.
  3. Go to Windows Error Reporting.
  4. Click on System and Maintenance, then click Problem Reports and Solutions.
  5. Next, click Change Settings located on the left side panel of the Problem Reports and Solutions window.
  6. Select an option to configure how you want Windows to look for a solution to your problems. You may allow Windows to do it automatically or ask you every time to check if problem occurs.
  7. Next, click the Advanced settings link.
  8. Select Off to turn off Error Reporting.

Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: After updates, icons for excel and word files are orange and I cannot access them:

How to Fix After updates, icons for excel and word files are orange and I cannot access them with SmartPCFixer?

1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer.  Open it, and it will perform a scan for your system. The junk files will be shown in the list.

2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.

3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.


Related: Fast Solution to Problem: Error http//go.microsoft/fwlink/?linkId=144689 occurs at every reboot,,Troubleshooting:I tried to download the latest version of Internet Explorer 9, but it will not update the download due to a message that states "Wrong version of Internet Explorer installer" Error,Fast Solution to Error: IE9 Search Taking Me to Web Pages Rather Than Search Results,Random freezing after updating to SP1 (Windows 7) Tech Support,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: Tech Support: After start the computer automically restart within few minutes and taskhost.exe, userinit.exe and userinit login application stopped working message displayed in critical event.,[Solution] After refreshing windows 8, issues while typing,after windows 8.1 update get error code 43 and my mouse no longer works . i have uninstalled and reinstalled. can anybody help please? [Anwsered],Troubleshooting:After reinstalling windows 7,I I can't join homegroup,Troubleshoot:After the most recent Security upgrAde from Microsoft, I can no longer publish changes to my website. The editing pages don't load. How do I fix this?,Able To Install Multiple Versions Of Office?,A couple of years ago I downloaded a homeccounting template I can't find now is there a place where I can look for other templates that are not lis ated?,add on information bar - Preventing me from being able to download anything,addin for excel doesn't exist in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\1033",Adding degrees on Calculator

No comments:

Post a Comment