After reinstalling Windows 7, unable to install Service Pack 1 for Win7 Home Premium X64, getting error 800B0100
I recently re-installed Win7 / restored to factory image.
since starting over, I have not been able to successfully use windows update to install Service Pack 1 & about 10 other "important" updates.
I have meticulously scrolled through similar questions/help
topics on here but to no avail.
I've tried the system readiness tool, all of the relevant FixIT scans, tried installing one update at a time, windows update troubleshooters etc.
all of the aforementioned suggestions seemed to help those w similar problems
but not me.
I don't have a physical copy of windows nor did I download it.
came preinstalled on my HP Pavilion Elite (HPE-410f) that is only 1.5 years old.
never had this problem in the past.
if someone could please assist me, I would greatly appreciate it.
very frustrating to not be able to update windows, especially lacking Service Pack 1.
thanks for your help!
Solutions to the Problem After reinstalling Windows 7, unable to install Service Pack 1 for Win7 Home Premium X64, getting error 800B0100
Thank you for your response.
1. Did you try all the methods mentioned in the post above?
I would suggest you to follow the steps provided and check if it helps.
Method 1: You cannot install some updates or programs.
If the issue persists then try to create a new user account and check.
Follow the steps mentioned in the article given below to create a new user account.
Create a user account.
If it works fine in the new user account, you may access the link and follow the steps to Fix corrupt user profile:
Method 3: If the issue persists then try to perform in place upgrade which might help you in resolving your issue.
Warning: Before you perform an in-place upgrade, you should be prepared for a worst case scenario that results in your existing data on your computer being deleted.
This data includes personal data, settings, hardware
driver information, and software programs.
If a worst case scenario occurs, you may have to reinstall all programs.
Make sure that you back up personal data to disks or to other external storage devices before you perform an in-place upgrade.
How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 & Windows Server 2008 R2.
Hope this information is helpful.
To check for Windows updates
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If any updates are found, click Install updates. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: After reinstalling Windows 7, unable to install Service Pack 1 for Win7 Home Premium X64, getting error 800B0100:
How to Fix After reinstalling Windows 7, unable to install Service Pack 1 for Win7 Home Premium X64, getting error 800B0100 with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Run it, and it will scan your system. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: ,[Solution] Error Clean,Solution to Error: mozilla thunderbird not responding windows 7,Fast Solution to Error: 0x00405da8,Troubleshoot:Toolbar,Solution to Problem: Windows Media Player C00d1199 Windows 7,Solution to Error: Windows 7Function,Troubleshooting:Pc Code 9999 Error,Solution to Problem: Norton Svchost Exe Virus,[Anwsered] Error 2738
Read More: Troubleshoot:After using the Windows key + L to lock my workstation the windows key is stuck down(virtually),How to Fix - after running a PC Optimizer program , it is highly recommended that you register and use the full version of Optimizer Pro, is this a comeon?.?,How Can I Fix - After shutting computer by sleep it come back on without prompwith windows 7?,[Solved] after running microsoft disk cleaner it showed in would free up 1.3 GB so I ran it, now I did again and it says 2.2 GB to free up??? Where is all this junk comiong from all the time??,Solution to Error: After installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1, system now crashes or freezes when there is internet activity,32 bit printer drivers for Windows 7 64 bit OS,Activecell range 2 columns loop until last column,about pc battery power,Acrobat Reader downlode also automatically downloaded McAfee Security Plus...question about this below.,A runtime error has occurred. example: Line32 Do you wish to DeBug?