After updating to Internet explorer 8, my messenger has not worked properly.
I am having trouble seeing my messenger properly only get a very small window and cannot see my contacts only way to see these is to have the whole screen open.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled messenger and have done a system restore but nothing seems
to be helping
Keys to the Problem After updating to Internet explorer 8, my messenger has not worked properly.
Hi Cherie DeSellems,
Welcome to Microsoft Answers!!!
The first thing that i can suggest is to see if you have not manually dragged the sides of the window to minimize the screen, but this step is ruled out if you have already uninstalled the messenger and reinstalled.
As you said that the issue occurred after updating to Internet Explorer 8, I would suggest you to uninstall the update and then revert to the older version of the Internet Explorer and see if the issue persists.
As you have not mentioned the Operating system you are using I would suggest you to access the link below and follow the steps in the article for your Operating system and uninstall Internet Explorer 8.
You may then manually download the Internet Explorer from the link below and see if the issue persists.
If the above step does not help I would suggest you to post the same in the Live community that will offer the best support.
Access the link below for the Live community.
Varun J: MICROSOFT SUPPORT
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/answersfeedback/threads/ and let us know what you think
Windows Error Reporting - To Fix After updating to Internet explorer 8, my messenger has not worked properly.
- Go to Start button.
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to Windows Error Reporting.
- Click on System and Maintenance, then click Problem Reports and Solutions.
- Next, click Change Settings located on the left side panel of the Problem Reports and Solutions window.
- Select an option to configure how you want Windows to look for a solution to your problems. You may allow Windows to do it automatically or ask you every time to check if problem occurs.
- Next, click the Advanced settings link.
- Select Off to turn off Error Reporting.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: After updating to Internet explorer 8, my messenger has not worked properly.:
How to Fix After updating to Internet explorer 8, my messenger has not worked properly. with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download Error Fixer here. Install it on your computer. When you open SmartPCFixer, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: ,[Solution] Error Clean,Solution to Error: mozilla thunderbird not responding windows 7,Fast Solution to Error: 0x00405da8,Troubleshoot:Toolbar,Solution to Problem: Windows Media Player C00d1199 Windows 7,Solution to Error: Windows 7Function,Troubleshooting:Pc Code 9999 Error,Solution to Problem: Norton Svchost Exe Virus,[Anwsered] Error 2738
Read More: How to Fix - After repartition on windows 7 \"operating system not found\"?,[Anwsered] All APPS does not work When I right click on start screen I get the All APPS icon, but when I click on the Icon I get a \"blue\" screen and Windows Stalls.,Solution to Problem: After upgrading from Vista to Windows 7, cannot open some applications and system will not shut down,Troubleshooter of Error: After running FixIt, getting reports \"volume errors detected\" in Windows 7,Fast Solution to Error: After restoring the computer, it has slowed down. Also, defrag will not run saying \"saying that scheduler needs to be running \" and cannot remove programs.,32 bit printer drivers for Windows 7 64 bit OS,Activecell range 2 columns loop until last column,about pc battery power,Acrobat Reader downlode also automatically downloaded McAfee Security Plus...question about this below.,A runtime error has occurred. example: Line32 Do you wish to DeBug?