After upgrading to Windows 7, system runs slow and unable to play games or access some websites
It runs slower now.
I can't play the games on it.
I can barely get on website to pay my bills.
I have a HP Pavilion a6342p PC
*original title - I had vista windows and when I renewed my Norton 360 I upgraded to windows 7.*
Anwsers to the Problem After upgrading to Windows 7, system runs slow and unable to play games or access some websites
1) To clarify, did you perform an upgrade or a clean installation?
2) What happens when you attempt to play games?
Method 1: Run the Performance troubleshooter and then check
Open the Performance troubleshooter
Method 2: If a Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.
Run System File Checker (SFC) scan to fix any corrupt system files.
To do this, follow the steps mentioned in the link below:
How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7
Method 3: Put the computer in clean boot and then check to see if the issue persists
Follow Step 1 in the link below,
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
Important: - Remember to put the computer back to normal startup follow
step 7 in the link.
Method 4: Download and install the latest graphic card and network adapter drivers from the computer manufacturer’s website.
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: After upgrading to Windows 7, system runs slow and unable to play games or access some websites:
How to Fix After upgrading to Windows 7, system runs slow and unable to play games or access some websites with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download SmartPCFixer here. Install it on your computer. When you open it, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: Fast Solution to Problem: Error http//go.microsoft/fwlink/?linkId=144689 occurs at every reboot,,Troubleshooting:I tried to download the latest version of Internet Explorer 9, but it will not update the download due to a message that states "Wrong version of Internet Explorer installer" Error,Fast Solution to Error: IE9 Search Taking Me to Web Pages Rather Than Search Results,Random freezing after updating to SP1 (Windows 7) Tech Support,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: [Solved] After upgrading to Windows 8 computer went to Hybernation.,How Can I Fix - After installing Win 8.1 pro, audio does not work.?,How to Resolve - After windows 8 update, many features of my laptop stopped working.?,[Solved] After setting up video and music on Windows Movie Maker 2.6 screen goes black,After windows update today, My computer is SLOOOOW to boot up and pages will hnot load, keeps haveng to reload Tech Support,Able To Install Multiple Versions Of Office?,A couple of years ago I downloaded a homeccounting template I can't find now is there a place where I can look for other templates that are not lis ated?,add on information bar - Preventing me from being able to download anything,addin for excel doesn't exist in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\1033",Adding degrees on Calculator