Windows DVD Maker completes 99.0% and then another window comes up saying a an error occurred DVD cannot be created
New factory refurbished HP Touchsmart 610-1250 with Windows 7
Problems with Windows DVD maker.
Almost very time I try to burn DVD's with wmv videos, It goes through the whole process - the window says 99.0% completed and burn finishing, but another window comes up saying a an error occurred DVD cannot be created (with
The DVD is ejected and is ruined. This has now done it 23 of 25 times I tried to burn since the day I bought the computer last month
I have burned hundreds of Windows DVD maker DVD's on another old laptop using the same or similar wmv's and wanted the newer faster computer to do an easier job of them
the wmv videos I am using play fine in Windows Media Player and in the preview on the DVD maker
In the event log, I get two error reports
The DVD Maker engine returned an error code (-1072889809) when burning the disc
and DVD maker returned an error code (0xC00D002F) when burning the disc
I have tried the DVD maker on slow speed burn with no effect.
I have tried converting the wmv's to avi which worked one time but not again.
A Windows tech advised a msconfig.exe and SFC/scannow , but neither led to improvement or any answers
I bought this computer solely to be able to make the DVD's faster and easier than my old laptop and so far it is very frustrating
Anwsers to the Problem Windows DVD Maker completes 99.0% and then another window comes up saying a an error occurred DVD cannot be created
Manually editing the Windows registry to fix Error Windows DVD Maker completes 99.0% and then another window comes up saying a an error occurred DVD cannot be created
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: Windows DVD Maker completes 99.0% and then another window comes up saying a an error occurred DVD cannot be created:
How to Fix Windows DVD Maker completes 99.0% and then another window comes up saying a an error occurred DVD cannot be created with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download SmartPCFixer here. Install it on your system. When you open SmartPCFixer, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: Anyone Having Trouble Opening Yahoo Mail Through IE8?,0x80070001 Error When Doing Windows Backup,Active X Controls I E 9,After Sending An E Mail,the Lower Right Corner Now Shows, Sending Mail, Rather Than Connecting And Stops Normal Activity Of E Mail Functions. How To Get Rid Of "sending Mail" Notice,Assembling A Manuscript With Multiple Chapters In Individual Files,Printer No Printing From Email,How To Sum Range VBA Depending On Fill Down,Comparision Of Two Cell At A Time & Result In Tick,Windows 7 Pro Freezes Windows Every 60 Seconds When Using Windows Applications,Windows 8 And Pinning On Start Menu,Recorded Dvd Movies And Sound Do Not Sync.,How To Format Fat 32,Simple Table Not Behaving Correctly,Word Starter Open With Previous Document,IE 11 Seems Notto OPEN When Pinned To Taskbar.
Read More: How to Resolve - Trouble opening a Word 2013 document with W,Solution to Error: WIn 8.1 and Bluetooth issues - BSOD and sporadic reboot,Windows/Prefetch/Readyboot fragmentation [Anwsered],How Can I Fix - Internet Explorer cant open page \"Operation Aborted\"?,Tech Support: My bluetooth adapter stopped working - Microsoft Surface Pro - Windows 8,IE 8 Need to print youtube embedded static images on regular web pages.,SEARCH INDEX CHANGES WITHOUT PERMISSION,Display Mode Selection and Aero Previews Disappear,SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION from netio.sys started 2 days ago for no apparent reason,I have a backup program surviving from a previous computer. How can I remove it?