IE8 and Favorites: Managing and Favorites Bar
I hoped managing favorites in IE8 would be improved :(
(or maybe i'm just overlooking something)
* When I add a favorites folder to the favorites bar (right click fav folder -> add to favbar) it only makes a COPY of the folder and its content ..
while in my opinion it should be only a link-to-the-favfolder.
This, because I now have 2 copies of the folder and when adding content it only appears in one of them (in the one i choose).
This makes managing the content when using the fav-bar almost impossible to keep up with: one has to perform all actions always twice now.
* When one has many fav-folders, it still is a pain to add content to it since it is not possible to 'assign a default fav-folder'.
So when i want to add a favorite to a folder which happens to be inside another folder at the bottom of the list, I find myself
scrolling my fingers off to navigate to it each time i want to add a fav.
Way more practical would be if one could set a default folder or even better: if there was an option in the favBar group 'add to this folder' or so.
Is there any way to accomplish managing fav's like sketched above or does it remain ..
a rather dreadfull task in IE8?
Solutions to the Problem IE8 and Favorites: Managing and Favorites Bar
Thank you for the reply back. I do understand what you are explaining in regards to when adding a site to your favorites. You will always get the option "Name" and "Creating in". You will get this option even if you only have one folder as well. There
isn't an option to use a specific folder, even temporarily to add items to your favorites folder.
Also I see what you are saying in regards to adding a folder and how it is copied in the "Favorites Bar".
I did glance at the browser you listed and see many other third party browsers that give this option that you are looking at.
I hope this has been helpful and if you still have any questions please let me know.
James Microsoft Answers Support Engineer Visit our
Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
- Download the Microsoft Windows ISO (installation device) from the following website:
- Users must select the appropriate ISO, either 32 bit or 64 bit, depending upon their individual computer.
- Extract the ISO file to a separate USB device or burn the program to a compact disc.
- Run the Microsoft Windows 10 upgrade directly from the software that you have thus created.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: IE8 and Favorites: Managing and Favorites Bar:
How to Fix IE8 and Favorites: Managing and Favorites Bar with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your system. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed
Related: Babylon dictionary doesn t pop up when I use its activation hotkey on a text in Windows environment realtek drivers download Does a Windows 7 Installer Cleanup Utility exist realtek audio driver windows 7 I have multiple updates eleven that will not install on Windows 7 Pro This has been an issue for many months Please help realtek audio driver windows 7 Printing messages on Windows Mail realtek drivers download Sporadic Windows Explorer has stopped working even after hot fixes and repair install realtek driver Windows 7 won t load to login screen it keeps loading starting windows fixed realtek audio driver download Windows Server 2003 64bit Terminal Server has 2 mouse pointers when connecting via RDP realtek audio drivers three Scroll as a result of the record of hardware set up until you come across “Enhanced Display” listed.,Office 2103 - Word Works, Excel Won't Even Load.,Start Excel In Fullscreen Mode,Cannot Connect To Home Network After Connecting To Internet At Duke University,Error Code 1402 : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\MSFS,Windows Update Install Error Code 8007371C
Read More: unable to install an application. message appearing " the ve,IE8 For Windows 7 Home Premium [Solved],Canon PIXMA MX860 All-In-One Printer [Anwsered],Host Process stopped working. Vista based system,How to Resolve - Purchased a HP Pavilion dm1, when I try and print I get \"print driver host for 32bit applications ahs stopped working\". How do I fix this??,Screen flickers while browsing. __,Want to stop Word from asking me if I want to merge documents(Office),Qualcom Atheros,Windows 7 - Black Screen,IE 8 on windows 7 or 8? I need it to access business portals that do not support 9 or higher