16GB class 4 micro sdhc card will only allow me to use 4GB on ReadyBoost for my windows 7, why?
I own an Acer Aspire One D255E with windows 7.
I tried to use my 16GB Class 4 Micro sdhc card to speed up my notebook by using the Ready Boost option but it will only allow me to use 4GB of the card, the rest of the storage is locked and not usable while
using ready boost, why is this happening? It is formatted to FAT32, and the card is completely empty, so shouldnt it use more of its storage?
Solutions to the Problem 16GB class 4 micro sdhc card will only allow me to use 4GB on ReadyBoost for my windows 7, why?
There are limits on the size of files in each of the file systems.
Try reformatting your SDHC card with exFat instead of NTFS or FAT32.
- Access the files on your computer via MY COMPUTER
- Under the C: drive, access the WINDOWS folder
- Select the SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTION folder, followed by the DOWNLOAD folder.
- Delete any files within this download folder.
- If you are unable to delete these files, open the command prompt (CMD) as the administrator, and type "net stop wuauserv" into the CMD prompt window. Press ENTER. This should allow you to delete the files from step 4.
- Once the files are deleted, open and run the CMD as the administrator and type "wuauclt.exe /updatenow". Press ENTER.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: 16GB class 4 micro sdhc card will only allow me to use 4GB on ReadyBoost for my windows 7, why?:
How to Fix 16GB class 4 micro sdhc card will only allow me to use 4GB on ReadyBoost for my windows 7, why? with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download Error Fixer here. Install it on your system. When you open it, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.
Related: 1080p setting is gone in Windows Movie Maker After upgrading from Vista to Windows 7 can t download anything and Youtube shows a black screen Cannot install Internet Explorer 9 it always fails and Windows Updates keeps asking to install it Best Registry Cleaner software options for a Microsoft Signature Series Windows 7 64 bit OS Can t send email error 0x800ccc67 Windows Live Mail c drive showing more than used in Windows 7 After Windows 8 1 upgrade can no longer access the control panel Can someone help me with several Windows problems Corel Draw 8 will unter Windows 7 nicht mehr Compatibility of Office Home and Student 2007 with Windows7 Can I sort titles alphabetically in Windows Media Player by default Cut Paste Not Working Windows 7 Cannot access Internet Options in IE8 Windows 7 Desktop won t load with Windows Vista Changing Windows Vista to Windows 7 DNS server not responding No Internet access on Windows 7,Cannot uninstall programs in control panel in Windows 8 1 pro asus driver download I can t pin programs to Windows 8 Start Screen asus drivers new Windows 7 Ultimate x64 has started to hang whenever it wakes up requiring a reboot how to troubleshoot asus driver download Software RAID 1 on Windows 7 Home Premium asus com Spotify has stopped loading in Windows 7 after 2 months perfect running Short of reloading the programme what can I do asus drivers Windows 8 1 will not alow selection of user accounts on start up if password is not used asus drivers Windows Store Apps Hang indefinitely on 8 1 asus support 1 Download the AFUDOS flash loader for ASUS BIOS from Softpedia (see Resources beneath for AFUDOS two.29). Insert your USB memory stick to the proper slot as part of your computer system.
Read More: Troubleshooting:Windows explorer error on Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit,Solution to Problem: Conditional Formatting to Show Expiration,How to Fix Error - Internet explorer freezes while accessing websites, works fine while browsing office intranet?,How to Fix Problem - Windows 8.1 Metro Applications failed to start.?,Window 7 folders opening size - Internet Explorer is opening with small windows,HDD Partition problems with windows 7,I keep getting a error saying don't recognize dns server? web page can't display?,My subtitles file opens with notepad, i want to open it with microsoft word,random blue screens after installing Windows 7 x64