Cut and Paste from Windows Virtual PC
Why does it take sooooooo long to copy a file from my Windows Virtual PC to my Windows 7 desktop? For example, I'll use the vitual PC to capture a video using 32-bit hard, which is not supported on my 64-bit W7 machine. So I'll capture a video as an
The avi file is BIG, 20GB. It takes hours to cut and paste this file to a W7 folder. What's going on? Copying 20GB between two disc drives takes only a few minutes.
Why so long?
I've got 4GB of RAM with 1.5GB allocated to the virtual PC.
Solutions to the Problem Cut and Paste from Windows Virtual PC
Actually, I never got an answer over in that forum either. So, if anybody here knows why it takes so long to cut and paste from the virtual PC to the physical PC, I'd love to know.
Personally, I think it has something to do with the CPU/mobo buss.
When copying from the virtual PC, each of my quad cores (Q9550) runs continuously at over 70%. I suspect that this isn't like normal cut and paste where all you do is change a pointer to a
file. Copying from a virtual PC appears to involve CPU intensive reformatting of the file. Other people reported "days" to copy a +10Gb file. It's not that slow on my machine. My mobo (35PD35) has a 1333MHz system buss and my CPU runs at about 2.9 GHz.
I can copy a 25Gb video file in about an hour. I can see where copying would grind to a halt with an older PC.
I guess that's the answer.
PS: I really like Windows 7. I upgraded from 32-bit XP to 64-bit Ultimate.
I’ve only had to junk one $40 piece of 32-bit hardware (a video capture device).
Note: It is recommended that you back up your files and folders before attempting this step:
- Move the mouse cursor over to the upper right side of the screen.
- A menu will pop up on the left. Click on the "Settings" feature on the menu.
- On the Settings window, click on the "Change PC settings."
- Now, left click on the "Update and recovery" feature.
- For the next step, left click on the "Recovery" feature.
- There is an option here saying "Refresh your PC without affecting your files." There, left click on the "Get started" button.
- Now, follow the instructions on the screen to finish the Refresh process.
- After the Refresh process has finished restart your Windows 8.1 or Windows 8 device.
- Check again to see if the error Cut and Paste from Windows Virtual PC has been fixed.
If you do not possess the technical expertise required to accomplish this yourself or do not feel comfortable doing so, download and install a powerful automated tool to get the job done.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Cut and Paste from Windows Virtual PC:
How to Fix Cut and Paste from Windows Virtual PC with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 6100/nForce 420 WHQL Certified driver v.178.13,How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 7600 GS Video Driver v.295.75 Certified,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce 820M Driver v.344.48 WHQL,[Solved] Download NVidia GeForce GTX 560M VGA Driver v.296.17 Certified,Way to Update & Herunterladen NVidia GeForce GT 130M Video Treiber v.295.75 Certified,How to Update & Download SONY SVE14A1X1RH Realtek Ethernet Driver,Where to Download SONY SVS13A2W9ES Bluetooth Driver (Intel) v.2.6 - 22.214.171.124059,Best Way to Update & Download SONY VGN-CR203E Conexant HDAUDIO SoftV92 Data Fax Modem with SmartCP Setup Program v.126.96.36.199 driver,Best Way to Download SONY VGN-FE790G/N Wireless LAN Driver v.10.6.0.29,Method to Update & Download SONY VGN-NR31Z/S Firmware Extension Parser Device v.188.8.131.52,How to Fix Error 0x0000c1f5 Solución?,Error 0x80071a91 Win7 Fix Patch,Error 0x800ccc60 Windows Live Mail [Solved],Error Message 0x800ccc79 Outlook 2000 Fix,What is Error 0xc1ab0001?,[Answered] x64 saplugin dll,How to Fix Problem - Kb943729 Download?,Troubleshooting: Bccode D1 Error,Java Runtime Tech Support,Troubleshooting: ERROR NO SUCH GROUP Error
Read More: How Can I Fix - Desktop Gadget not working and does not show on the screen after installed?,How Can I Fix - Default Bullets Changed in Word 2010?,Troubleshooter of Error: Dell keyboard problem,Troubleshooting:Defaults to Wrong Homepage Error,Fast Solution to Problem: Desktop goes blank when a new Snipping Tool is selected