backup did not complete - error 0x80070002
Please read the issue.
I have a brand new Dell PC running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.
Tried running a Windows 7 backup to an external hard drive.
The backup DID NOT complete. It bombed.
I got the following error message:
System can not find the file specified
The backup location can not be found
Backup never completed at all. Nothing on backup drive.
No other messages.
Please do not give me some canned response about ingoring this for something about a custom libray under a user account. I have read this "standard" response he many times. This means nothing to me. What custom library and where shoudl I be looking.
What is a user account.
Sorry I am not a techie.
Just a novice with a brand new computer and Windows 7 that does not work.
Need help please.
Need clear instructions.
Solutions to the Problem backup did not complete - error 0x80070002
This problem is due to one or more profiles under: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList with missing ProfileImagePath.
To check whether you have missing profiles:
1. Click Start-> type regedit.exe to open regedit, navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList.
Expand the list.
2. Click on each of the profiles listed.
The first 3 profiles should have ProfileImagePath value of:
%SystemRoot%\System32\Config\SystemProfile, %SystemRoot%\ServiceProfiles\LocalService, and %SystemRoot%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService respectively.
3. Starting from the 4th profile, the ProfileImagePath should contain path to the user profiles on your machine, such as C:\users\Christine
4. If one or more of the profile has no profile image, then you have missing profiles.
To work around this, delete the profile in question (Caution: The registry contains critical settings that are necessary for your system to function properly.
Take extra caution while making changes)
1. First, export the ProfileList key for safekeeping.
(Right click on the key, choose “Export”, and save it to the desktop.)
2. Right click on the profile in question, choose delete.
3. Try backup again.
Note: Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method.
These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system.
Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems
can be solved.
Modify the registry at your own risk.
Modifying REGISTRY settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly.
Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of REGISTRY settings can be solved.
Modifications of these
settings are at your own risk.
Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully.
For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it.
Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.
For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click
the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
For more information visit the following link:
You may also refer the following link which addresses similar issue:
Divya R – Microsoft Support.
- Go to the Start button.
- In the Search box, type "regedit" (without quotes) and press Enter.
- Look for the following registry key: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ SQMClient\Windows\DisabledSessions".
- On the right window pane, delete the subkey: "Machine Throttling".
- Reboot your system.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: backup did not complete - error 0x80070002:
How to Fix backup did not complete - error 0x80070002 with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your system. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: AMD Radeon HD 7800M Win8 not working [Anwsered],I can access the internet, get on facebook and get to hotmail, but I can't play games on facebook and I can't open or respond to my e-mails,I keep getting this Media Player error when I log on my computer. [Anwsered],[Anwsered] System Hanging on shutdown and restart,Unable to get the Vlookup property of the WorksheetFunction class,Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22)
Read More: Fast Solution to Error: Back up - lock screen,Troubleshooting:Backup problem 0x8100002f - Backup skipped backing up E:\\ as it is on the backup target. Error,Troubleshoot:AutoComplete: iexplore.exe - Application Error,Solution to Error: Automatic refresh of data between workbooks,Troubleshoot:Automatic update continues to prompt when no update needed,application not found error,any problems in a team where one has Windows XP and the other has Windows 7?,Application/Object-Defined Error,An Excel formula question where hours are totalled and cumulating,Anyone know the hardware email?