Wednesday, July 6, 2016

How to Resolve - ASCv4ExtMenu_64.dll is on my desktop and I cannot delete it without permission?

ASCv4ExtMenu_64.dll is on my desktop and I cannot delete it without permission

The above dll file is on my desktop and I cannot delete it.  The error message says I need permission to delete it.  I am the computer administrator.  How do I get permission to delete it?

Keys to the Problem ASCv4ExtMenu_64.dll is on my desktop and I cannot delete it without permission

Download SmartPCFixer to Fix It (Free)

Thank you for your reply.  From another source I got information about changing "permissions" and the problem was solved.  What I do not know is what changed the permissions from the default.  My Norton is supposed  to prevent spyware and/or viruses.

Manually editing the Windows registry

Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, please do not edit the Windows registry manually.

Because of this risk, we highly recommend using a trusted registry cleaner such as SmartPCFixer Using a registry cleaner automates the process of finding invalid registry entries, missing file references (like the one causing your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error), and broken links within the registry. A backup is automatically created before each scan, with the ability to undo any changes in a single click, protecting you against the possibility of PC damage. The best part is that repairing registry errors can also dramatically improve system speed and performance.

  • Click the Start button.
  • Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
  • While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
  • You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
  • Click Yes.
  • A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
  • Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
  • In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
  • From the File menu, choose Export.
  • In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
  • In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
  • In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
  • Click Save.
  • The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
  • You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.

The next steps in manually editing your registry will not be discussed in this article due to the high risk of damaging your system. If you would like to learn more about manual registry editing, please see the links below.

Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: ASCv4ExtMenu_64.dll is on my desktop and I cannot delete it without permission:

How to Fix ASCv4ExtMenu_64.dll is on my desktop and I cannot delete it without permission with SmartPCFixer?

1. Download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer.  Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.

2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.

3. When the Fixing part is finished, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed


Related: AMD Radeon HD 7800M Win8 not working [Anwsered],I can access the internet, get on facebook and get to hotmail, but I can't play games on facebook and I can't open or respond to my e-mails,I keep getting this Media Player error when I log on my computer. [Anwsered],[Anwsered] System Hanging on shutdown and restart,Unable to get the Vlookup property of the WorksheetFunction class,Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22)
Read More: Troubleshooting:Atheros AR9285 and Windows 7 not compatible,[Solution] Automatically update style?,How to Fix Problem - Back Button Doesnt Work in IE8?,How to Fix Error - Backup Error code 0x80070005?,How to Fix Problem - Babylon.com?,application not found error,any problems in a team where one has Windows XP and the other has Windows 7?,Application/Object-Defined Error,An Excel formula question where hours are totalled and cumulating,Anyone know the hardware email?

No comments:

Post a Comment