BOINC Install Error 1325.boinc_data is not a valid short file name"
*-Original Title - BOINC Install Error
REF: BOINC (Berkeley Open Infrastructure for Network Computing) i.e.
SETI@home Install Error
When attempting to install BOINC on my Windows 7 System, I recevied the Error "Error 1325.boinc_data is not a valid short file name" It was recommended to try "Windows Fix It" on the
SETI@HOME forum, which I did, and unfortunately I still receive the error, however, Windows "Fix It" does not show Boinc when scanning for problems anymore.
Does anyone have another recommendation?
Here is a screen capture of the error during BOINC Installation:
Solutions to the Problem BOINC Install Error 1325.boinc_data is not a valid short file name"
Did you make any changes to the computer recently?
Which fixit did you run on the computer?
Is the issue specific to BOINC install?
Is the computer connected to a domain network?
Are you able to install any other application?
I would suggest you to follow the steps from this article.
is not a valid short name :
Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly.
Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved.
Third Party Software is at your own risk.
To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry.
However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly.
Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully.
added protection, back up the registry before you modify it.
Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.
For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft
How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
Hope this helps.
Using Windows troubleshooter:
- Click on Search on Charm bar and type Troubleshooting. Click on the very first option.
- A new window will open. Click View all from the left pane.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Windows update.
- Troubleshooter window for Windows update will pop up. Click on NEXT. It may ask you for administrative permission.
- The troubleshooter will automatically detect problems and fix it.
- Now, close this window and try download/install the app which was previously showing error.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: BOINC Install Error 1325.boinc_data is not a valid short file name":
How to Fix BOINC Install Error 1325.boinc_data is not a valid short file name" with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download Error Fixer here. Install it on your system. When you open SmartPCFixer, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: How to Download Toshiba Portege R500 HDD/SSD Alert Utility v.18.104.22.168 driver,Way to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite A355-S69403 Motorola Modem Region Select Utility v.22.214.171.124 driver,Where to Download Toshiba Satellite L305-S5926 HW Setup Utility v.2.00.11 driver,[Solved] Download Toshiba Satellite L675-S7115 Laptop Checkup v.126.96.36.199 driver,Method to Download Toshiba Satellite M645-S4080 Media Controller v.188.8.131.52 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17
Read More: How to Fix - bug in Content Advisor constant pop ups Ratings Pol file?,Fast Solution to Problem: Bug: Sudden Focus Shift in Outlook 2013 file attachment dialogue when attaching Excel file,Solution to Error: Browser slows windows 7 shutdown,[Anwsered] Boot up issue with Windows XP even in safe mode,[Anwsered] BSODS in ntoskrnl.exe+153fa0,All diagnostic tools give 0x800700C1, troubleshooting wizard can't continue,all files try to open with adobe,all icons on desktop have changed to Adobe icon and won't open,All functions of my outlook are working except it will not let me "REPLY" or start a "NEW" email,all f1-f12 shortcuts not work